Thursday, December 27, 2007
Seraphine tagged me to tell eight random facts or habits about myself. In turn, I need to tag others (you'll know). Eight random facts or habits about myself (all true... I swear).
1. I fell in love with an armed Israeli soldier while she searched my bags at the airport in Tel Aviv (she's not in above photo). While I waited for my flight, she found me and we spent two incredible hours together in a quiet corner of the airport. It wasn't her Uzi, but her eyes that got me.
2. I bump my head often and generally have little cuts and scrapes across it. I think it's because I can't see my head so I don't notice it. Others say I'm just spaced out.
3. When I was seven years old, I found an unexploded bomb in a field in France. I later led the Gendarme, the military police, my father and a small crowd to proudly point, "There!"
4. I swim three times a week and sit in the sauna afterwards for more time than I spent in the water.
5. One of my ancestors is Charles Lamb, the 18th century English poet. A melancholic tragic life, he lived with his equally depressed sister (some say they were VERY close). But he was a friend of Percy, Shelley, Coleridge and others. Hey, you can't have it all.
6. A few years back I went to church in Crathie Scotland with Prince Charles, Camilla and their children. Ask me about it...
7. I wake at 5:45 or 6:00 most mornings and do some stretching, meditating, sitting and coffee drinking before I face a single daily duty.
8. I took up trombone playing at 50. Most people think it is great that I can play it and are very pleased when I don't.
Remember, it's optional....
1 - Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2 - People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
3 - At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names (I only did five, will that bring harm to me?)
4 - Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
A baked potato walks into a bar and asks for a drink.
The bartender says "I'm sorry, we don't serve food here."
but since it's you and a tag from the lovely Sera I'll do my best.
Please don't blame me if it's boring.
Maybe your repertoire is the real issue. I thought the trombone was kinda lame myself until I started listening to Less Than Jake. They have an excellent trombone player, Buddy Goldfinger, who also has a few solo albums out, although he doesn't sing quite so well.
The song that got me into the band was "How's My Driving, Doug Hastings?" V. cool.
Here's a link to a video for you:
The intro is different on the CD. The voice says:
This is a fair request, and I promise
I will not judge any person only as a 'teenager.'
If you will constantly remind yourself
that some of MY generation
judges people by their race,
or the color of their skin,
and that this is no more right
than saying all teenagers are drunken dope addicts who are glue sniffers.
Trombone is cool!
I hope you are enjoying the holidays and making merry.
I'm particularly intrigued by the Charles Lamb connection and find #7 a very civilized way to start the day.