Friday, February 27, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Mr. Obama goes to Ottawa
It's an odd time. Canadians support Obama to the tune of about 85% approval rating and our own Prime Minister to about 35% these days. Many of us are hoping he'll befriend little Stevie Harper and twist his arm to:
- bring Omar Khadar home to Canada from Guantanamo and treat him within a fair justice system
- clean up the tar sands oil operations in Alberta, which create more than 25% of Canada's carbon emissions
- shift the economy to the colour green by investing in new energy
- become a broker for international peace and diplomacy again, as Canada was once renowned for (not that long ago)
Of course, we could offer some advice on universal health care, on land conservation and we could open up trade in creative ways:
- Cultural Trade: you (U.S.) can have Celine Dion permanently and we'll take Michael Moore
- Weapons Trade: you give us a 3 tanks to double our number... and we'll give you your pick of 3 NHL hockey goons
- Environmental Trade: you give us one Hawaiian Island for solar power and we'll give you enough snow for everyone to have a white Christmas at least once
- Comedy Trade: you already stole Jim Carey, John Candy, Dan Akroyd, Mike Meyers, Tom Green, Michael Fox, Martin Short, Andrea Martin, and The Kids in the Hall. Give us a Hawaiian Island for them too and we'll call it square.
Is Gary rambling? I think so.
Welcome President Obama! We're pulling for you.
Friday, February 06, 2009
2500 miles and 25 degrees celsius...
Kauai is wonderful. Go there if you can. Let's have a blogger conference there - I'll organize it.