.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, February 17, 2006

Ahhh, he was a President...

I was looking through a book tonight and came across this brief quote, from another time, from another US President. I hope he wouldn't mind me formatting it as a poem. Let's find inspiration in the past to fight for a different future...

With malice toward none, with charity for all,
with firmness in the right,

as God gives us to see the right,

let us...achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace
among ourselves,
and with all nations.


- Abraham Lincoln, Second Inaugural Address

Comments:
aarbrommmmmmm !! Yes I can feel his pleasure......just the time for now as it was then ...very inspirational.

Right !!

best wishes
 
Interesting words. We could all work harder at living by them, I think, and I'll put myself on the top of that list. Since I have moved to the American South where they don't think the war ended in 1865, I often wonder what Lincoln's Reconstruction plan would have entailed. It may have made things better 100 years down the road. He was a thinker they say.

Thanks for the great, thought-provoking post.
 
Wonderful inspiring words by Lincoln. They hardly make men like him anymore.
 
"There is no doubt that Mexicans, filled with dignity, willingness and ability to work are doing jobs that not even blacks want to do there in the United States..."
-Mexican President Vicente Fox

I long for the days of Generalisimo Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna. They don't make men like that anymore.
 
I like the formatting. It seems just right.
 
lovely. I'm gratified that I'm not the only one with emotional ties to our nation's past good intentions. How could it be twisted and forgotten?
 
Very funny pic of mr. bush and miss blair that you have! hehehehehehe
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?