Sunday, January 01, 2006
Hey - did you think ever think you'd get to be this old?
I don't make resolutions generally (although I left one at Vee's site) because I saw a quote I liked there...
So for 2006, how about predictions instead? I'm going to make a few and welcome you to do the same. Stick to reality - or knock yourself out and make the wildest, weirdest predictions you can.
What will 2006 bring?
- George Bush's popularity will continue to plummet, even with his vague plans for withdrawal from Iraq. Some nasty terrorist act will be intercepted or actually take place in the US, and this will scare the American people. Bush will still be unpopular because they don't trust him anymore.
- The Liberal Party will form another minority government in Canada. It will be good for the country, as we certainly don't want any of these guys actually having the freedom to do whatever they want to.
- The Pope will wear big tall hats, colourful robes and will visit many countries- why shouldn't he have a legacy too? (See his site for more info.)
- Fidel Castro will die and pass on to the great socialist paradise - his brother Raul will become President of Cuba. (I'm just guessing here, but what if I'm right? Remember, you saw it here first!) Canadian tourists will continue to be Cuba's number one group of visitors.
- It will be warm and sunny in Australia when it is dark, bleak and cold in Canada. Some Canadians will resent that. (No names mentioned...)
- Madcapmum will make soap, cheese and beautiful quilts.
I predict that Angelina Jolie will discover that she can do better than Brad Pitt.
I predict that the American media will finally learn that people don't really give a shit about the maritial status of Jessica Simpson.
So, I guess I get to predict something now....
Gosh, I'd sure like to see the NDP get a few more seats in parliament, just for a change in the balance. I suppose it doesn't matter much exactly who wins the election, but Harper gives me the willies. Maybe we should just give up and give ourselves to Norway and let them have their wicked way with us. That wasn't exactly a prediction though, was it?
Liz Taylor gets married AGAIN, to a 20 something phrenologist!
And madcapmum will make her soaps and cheese available to all of us!
1)The war in Iraq will sink even further into financial and bloodlust chaos... leading our US sharp as a cotton ball leaders to...
2)Launch air strikes against Iran. Why? Well b/c they know that we can't launch grounds attacks w/our threadbare ground forces, so it has to be air strikes only... but jeeze... Bush Co needs to fatten up the wallets of their cronies EVEN MORE-- even when it will lead to catastrophic results.
3)GOPers will take hits in the '06 elections... but then again, when ya have Diebold on your side... ya just CAN'T LOSE... nor will you.
4)Madcapmum will knock all corporate cheese makers and corporate quilt makers off the map-- thereby creating a panic in the corporate cheese making/ corporate quilt making world. Hey, these corporate bloodsuckers are the 1st to claim to love free trade, right? So she should bulldoze them.
5)I will fake a Canadian passport so that I too can get to vacation in Cuba and see the "forbidden" nation of Fidel. The US can say what they want about him, but 1 thing is for sure, Fidel may have snuffed free expressions, but he has given them literacy, health care, free education and an infant mortality rate that is better than the US's. Cuba will eventually be a more free nation. Fidel saved their physical bodies from starving and dying in the streets by the 1000s... a new leader will come along and save their minds and mouths from starving from free thoughts and expressions. Rome wasn't built in a day.
A doc friend of mine visits regularly and has been really impressed with the health care system. Another friend has examined the organic farming, which is leading the world (because they can't get or afford fertilizers and farm equipment, due to the embargo).
Elizabeth: Maybe Fidel has been using the Eva Peron beauty method... ya know... lotions that contain embalming fluid to retain that youthful appearance b/c I agree, he looks like he is holding up better than Dick Clark.
It's interesting that you brought up Cuba's health care system. Wasn't it developed by Che Guevera whom Castro later had assassinated? He was a doctor before he became a revolutionary. I think Castro was afraid Che would become more popular than he was.
Links to this post: